Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Do you feel like being a journalist?

I'm elated writing my first post in the learning diary, in which I am going to present you a flipped introduction of the teacher, Marina Sánchez Amores.

 I have enjoyed this challenge quite a lot, since I'm fond of elaborating interviews. Because of me not being updated on different tools to edit videos and create presentations, I decided to look for the ones I have never used before. So, off I went, and browsing the ones suggested by my teacher, I found Magisto. I dug for it. Later, I found Pearltrees, which is a tool to curate and organize digital artifacts and also upload your own photos along other archives; therefore, I keep on my search. Then, I found Tellagami, which is a tool to create animated presentations. It drew my attention, so I downloaded the free version, but I wasn't able to carry out my idea; therefore, I went for the Powtoon tool, as I wanted to create cartoons. I found it extremely appealing. At the beginning, it took me a bit of time to figure out the management of its features, but eventually, I managed to create the presentation. The process that I followed was the following one:

- Opening a google drive document to elaborate the interview.
- Recording the interview with a mobile phone.
- Signing in in PowToon.
- Choosing the look of the story and its design.
- Creating the slides. Firstly, I took a photo of my desk to use it as the background. Then, I inserted the character, the microphone, the text, the image and the speech bubble. Finally, I inserted the audio.
- Exporting the presentation to my YouTube channel.

I thoroughly recommend you PowToon, as it is attractive for primary students and we can use it to deliver our CLIL lessons, with both visual and auditory support. Besides, we can use it as an exercise at the beginning of the course, to get to know each other. You could form pairs according to shoe size, and they could ask 3 things they should know about their peers, 2 things about their hobbies and one question about their ideal job. As a result, each student will know more about his/her peers, and it will be absolutely enjoyable.

Below the video, you have a tapescript of this flipped introduction !




Hope you enjoyed it !

See you later, collaborator !

5 comments:

  1. Your flipped introduction was great Lucia! I felt like listening to a real radio show. I believe that every child will be eager to do their own flipped introduction as you did, even the shiest ones, as it is not mandatory for them to show up in a video. It certainly is a great way of practicing their English while learning more about each other.
    I found interesting the fact that you placed a transcription at the bottom of the video! It comes in handy when you don't understand a word or expression. I do believe that people who struggle with their auditory perception will also be grateful.
    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice interview girls! You ave done a great job, it is very engaging and interesting!. I am waiting so impatiently for your next post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a pleasure to work with you Lucía! I've also been looking through your blog and it's very interesting. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete